Runners Up To Eco-Mosque Logo Competition
Without any more delays insha-Allah, I'm sending a bitter-sweet message of congratulations and commiseration to the Top 5 Runners U...
Without any more delays insha-Allah, I'm sending a bitter-sweet message of congratulations and commiseration to the Top 5 Runners Up Logo Entrants of The Huddersfield Eco Mosque logo competition 2013.
Of all the entries we received, these were our top 5 runners up after the winner (revealed in the next post). It was proper difficult choosing these and even harder trying to separate just one final winner.
Check out who made the Top 5, and why.
5. Assra Aqeel. Although it needed shuffling around, Assra's design has the fundamental elements of what we were looking for in a logo to represent our Eco-Mosque: it's easy to recognise, the architectural shapes are a give away and there's lots of green. Jazakillah Assra for sharing your work!
4. Shahida M. Ali. Shahida's quirky and almost 'alive' design idea looks wonderful on screen ma-sha-Allah. Scaling it down and converting to less space loses the detailing though, which is why we had to let it go. Jazakillah Shahida for all your effort!
3. Imtiaze A. Manjra. Imtiaze sent in a plethora of designs and we decided the Grecian sophistication of his logo ranked it into the top 5. A little play on colouring and typography was required to bump it even higher. Jazakallah Imtiaze for your design - it'd look great as a uniform badge for our students!
2. Ismail Hewitt. Have you ever seen a logo you'd love to eat...? That's how I felt about Ismail's scrumptious 'THEM' logo (for The Hudds Eco Mosque); it looks like a pudding! I love the shape, foliage and font but we felt it was just a little 'too fun' (as if there were ever such a thing!) for our goals. If we were opening a kids' play group, this would be ideal. Jazakallah Ismail for your awesome design(s)!
1. Hamza (Micah) C. Scott. Micah's excellent design is proof that good design is simple design. It met all of our criteria and we could already see ourselves dishing out business cards. It was a tough call between Micah's adaptable logo and another - which was chosen as a winner just by a fraction. Jazakallah Micah for your logo!