5 Min Hummus & Tortilla Chips
An easy hummus recipe plus chips that can be whipped up to serve in 10 minutes - excellent for hosting an Iftaar meal in Ramadan or a fami...
Serves 2 • Halal/Vegan • No cooking skills required
- 1 tin can chick peas, drained (hummus traditionally calls for dried chick peas, also called Garbanzo Beans, but they need soaking overnight - wayyy to long)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Zest of 1/3 lemon and 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup of tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
Serve with grilled tortilla wraps - brush on a little olive oil and cut into triangles, and chopped vegetable sticks like carrots and cucumber.
- Mash the chick peas, garlic, salt, cumin, tahini and chilli flakes with a fork or in a food processor for a smoother consistency.
- Add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and process until well combined.
- Grill the tortilla, chop the veg and serve!
Easy finger-food, light and good for you!
+ Quick Filo Pastry Snack
+ Red Peppers & Courgette Curry
+ Rocky Road Nutty Iftaar Treat