Make A Jar of Duas (Ramadan Crafting)
Inspire children with the gift of making du`a' to God (supplication) by recycling a jar into a wishing well. A great Ramadan craft pro...
You will need:
- An empty coffee jar with its lid, washed out
- Coloured tissue paper and crepe paper
- Ribbons and sequins
- Jewellery wire
- Glass beads
- Flat-back gems and anything else you find in your 'nik naks' draws
- Alphabet letters
Tip: Try different shaped (clean) containers to make multiple Dua Jars like plastic CD holders, card tea-leaf boxes and muffin trays. Rummage your recycling bins for ideas.
How To Make Your Jar Of Duas
- Glue strips of tissue paper on the outside of the jar.
- Add a band of paper across the middle, which will be the background for the title.
- Tie ribbons near the opening and string beads onto wire to wrap around the jar.
- Glue alphabet letters on the front - 'Dua Jar' or cut out from cardstock.
- Decorate with gems.
- Finally, hand out the 'My Dua' sheets to children on which they will write their special du`a', roll up and place in the Dua Jar. Why not get your students to write a du`a' for each day of Ramadan?
Happy [early Ramadan] Green Crafting!
Peace + eco-jihad.
Zaufishan, The Eco Muslim
More Crafty Stuff:
+ Upcycled Moroccan Paperchains
+ Ramadan Gingerbread Cookie Project
+ Upcycled Eid Greeting Cards