10 Green Gifts For Muslim Men
Show them you love them. Why not gift your husband, father, brother or son with a present that's environmentally friendlier, cleverer ...
Father's day is this Sunday June 16th and Ramadan and `Eid will be punctuated with many gift-giving sessions. From recycled tech to organic grooming, here are 10 great green gift ideas for the Muslim men in your life.
1. Cork iPad Sleeve designed by TAPE is made from FSC-certified fabric-backed cork to keep your iPad safe from dirt and scratches. Nigel's Eco Store, £19.99.
*Prices correct at time of publishing, all items are from Nigel's Eco Store except last two (Etsy).
2. This Ohyo Water Bottle is a handy pocket bottle available in 3 colours with a tested life span of 9 years without damaging. It has a spout and when empty, collapses down to a third of its size. Perfect for opening the fast at Iftaar, making Umrah and travelling. Very good for £4.99.
3. The pieces from this collection are available separately but as a whole, the Eco Camping Kit includes everything your outdoorsy man will need for a great family camping trip, picnic in the park or some alone time. Kit contains a wind up head torch, a wind up and solar lantern, a solar shower, a fire spark creator, and a raincoat surprisingly made from potato starch, just in case it rains... £62.99. Perfect!
4. This is cute, I mean, er, macho *cough*, yes. Ideal for green fingered urban gardeners with limited space, this Mini Winter Veg Patch Kit has enough seeds to grow delicious vegetables. Sow the seeds in Summer in roof-top containers and reap the rewards during Autumn and Winter. £7.99
5. Give him a personal treat with a Herbal Man Gift Box for easy shaving. According to Nigel's Eco Store the average man spends a total of four months saving off a staggering 27 feet of hair! Help make the process enjoyable with this gift set of soaps, shaving oils and aftershave. £20.41
6. An Eco Stapler is a waste-free alternative to an actual stapler. Its innovative design clips up to three pages together by a clever cutting and folding action which happens as you clip. Staple-free, eco and pocket sized, never jam a stapler again. £3.97
7. Another greem-office addition is these Recycling Bins (pack of 5) which will no doubt have a major impact on the amount of paper waste being dumped in landfills. RSP: £51.93 £39.95 inc. VAT
8. For men with a bit of style buy a pair of Recycled Circuit Board Cufflinks. As the name describes, the cufflinks are made from recycled circuit boards, available in black, blue and red. Ideal for guys working in IT or interested in recycling. £19.99
9. Let's face it, men sometimes smell. A shaving set is a fantastic present for nudging him into better hygiene without being offensive (!) Get this Eco-Grooming set including soap (choose vanilla), a handpainted badger-hair shaving brush and a handy shaving guide all wrapped in a hessian gift bag. £21.83 (without p&p)
10. Manly Man shampoo from The Gnarly Whale is another eco-friendly hair care product that shows you're paying attention to his beautification... well, that or because it just smells yummy. Manly Man shampoo is vegan (and therefore Halal), its ingredients include cocamide dea (coconut), grapefruit seed extract, essential oils and triethanolamine lauryl sulfate (for lather). £11.19 (without p&p)
Main gift image + EnergyRethinking.org
Want more inspiration?
+ Claire's Eco Store
+ Eco Gadgets
+ Big Green Smile
+ Ethical Superstore
+ Natural Collection Select
+ Holistic World
+ Love Eco