The Eco Muslim Lives #BelowTheLine - Surviving On £1 A Day In England, Insha-Allah
SUPPORT OUR CAMPAIGN TO END POVERTY + www.livebelowtheline.com/me/theecomuslim I love food. I mean, like, I really, really, love f...
SUPPORT OUR CAMPAIGN TO END POVERTY
WHAT IS LIVE-ing BELOW THE LINE?
Live Below the Line is an incredible awareness and fundraising campaign that’s making a huge difference in the fight against extreme poverty.
It challenges individuals, groups and communities to feed themselves with just £1 a day for 5 days, the UK equivalent of the international extreme poverty line.
HOW AM I GOING TO LIVE BELOW THE LINE
There are a few rules I have to follow to meet the challenge and successfully raise awareness about extreme poverty, and I would love it if you could help me meet these goals for humanity.
- I am not going to spend more than £1 a day on food and drink.
- This is doable because in Ramadan I can survive on water and dates, I mean, I've been doing that for years. But my worry is that at lunchtimes, when I'm running and watching other people eat I will crave food. It's just a matter of will-power right? -eek-
"We wish for our brother what we wish for ourselves"
The MADE in Europe team and friends launch the #IF food campaign, coupled with the Live Below the Line challenge.
I will follow the Live Below The Line challenge from 29 April 2013 to 03 May 2013.
WHY AM I DOING THIS?
I think it's unfair that there is a single person in my affluent town who cannot afford 3 meals a day. Allah provides for all but He also gives us the `Aql, the intellect, to share our provisions. This is part of the eco-Jihad. The test is whether I'm willing to give up what I want, for someone else.
When it was just me and my parents, we would survive on £5 a week. It was difficult sometimes but we managed. Twenty, thirty years ago, you could stretch a £1 much more and even buy a whole meal. Today, I saw a packet of crisps cost 85p. And they say there's a recession, pffft.
When I meet homeless people they always laugh about their creative and patient ways of saving money and coupons to buy budget and sale foods, from shops others looks down on. I will learn these skills from them, while in return I hope to show I can give them what I can.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO TO HELP ME?
Now you've read what I'm doing, with whom and why. I have to tell you now that I can't do it without a prayer and your help.
- To donate what you can (I'm aiming for a £10 minimum average) click onto my page: www.livebelowtheline.com/me/theecomuslim.
- If you want to join in, become one of my team members so we can share the experience and work together. Page a page on behalf of partner MADE In Europe.
- Those of you living in Yorkshire, England - we can pool the cost of ingredients as a local team, which will allow us to do more with your cooking.
- Please share this post with your networks; tell your grandmother; send the link back home; pin up the url address on the uni noticeboard; group message it on Facebook and text all your friends; tweet it, re-pin my poster image on Pinterest; broadcast it on TV! Anything and everything.
+ Live Below The Line / The Eco Muslim
See more at
+ MADE In Europe
+ Live Below The Line
Peace + eco-jihad.
Zaufishan, The Eco Muslim