Recipe feeds 4 • Vegetarian/Halal • Tip: top ice-cream with chopped fresh mint leaves, grated dark chocolate or honey
• 500g mixed frozen berries
• 150g fresh berries e.g. strawberries, blueberries
• 3-4 tablespoons runny honey
• 500g natural yoghurt (can be set)
• 8-10 fresh mint leaves
• grated chocolate, chopped mint, nuts or honey for topping (optional)
The basic jist of this is to work with frozen fruit and yoghurt to a 1:1 ratio. More yoghurt makes a creamier dessert to spoon over granola, more fruit makes more of a sorbet consistency.
They can be berries of any sort; strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, mix all three. You want to buy the frozen packs available from your local grocers or just freeze a fresh batch. I added red-currants once but they made a squint-your-eye-tang so avoid them unless you want that zing. You could also try frozen bananas by slicing them first.
- Put the honey and yoghurt and mint leaves into the food processor and blend, then add the frozen berries and blend again until combined into a thick splodgy goo.
- If the mixture is too runny, spoon it into a freezable container with lid and freeze for up to 1 hour for the ice-cream to set.
- Then spoon into serving tumblers on top of fresh berries. Drizzle a little honey on top. Done!
+ Mehndi Inspired 'Hand' Cookies
+ Swirly Organic Chocolate Cake + Choc Chips
+ Lemon + Orange Ramadan Crescent Cookies