Rocky Road Nutty Iftar Treats
The rocky-road treat we made in Ramadan has more substance than finger-food. Strictly for grown-ups. My eco-sister Salsabeel loves minia...
My eco-sister Salsabeel loves miniature things. Even when it comes to food, she makes petite portions, little fruit kebabs and penny-sized cookies. These portions are perfect for children and when you have guests for iftar.
Serves 4. Line a tray with greaseproof paper (baking parchment) or foil.
- 300g milk or bittersweet/plain chocolate
- 50g chopped nuts - a mixture of salted peanuts, roasted cashews, walnuts and brazil nuts
- 25g dried fruit - cranberries, mango and banana coins
- 25g fudge pieces
- 25g granola mix/muesli/your favourite cereal
- 25g honeycomb pieces, crushed
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and melt in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water (broiler); or heat in short bursts of 30 seconds in a microwave. Stir to completely melt.
- Add the nuts, dried fruit, fudge, granola and honeycomb and stir to coat with chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mix out onto the lined tray and allow 1-2 hours to completely set.
- Mark out portions and cut the rocky road using a sharp knife. Serve!
More Ramadan treats:
+ 10 Minute Suhoor Recipes
+ Fresh Apple And Spice Square Cookies