Recipe: Organic Gooey Chocolate Cookies
Anyone can buy perfectly decent cookies, but nothing makes a chocoholic surrender like my homemade o...
Anyone can buy perfectly decent cookies, but nothing makes a chocoholic surrender like my homemade organic gooey chocolate cookies.
Recipe makes about 16 • Preheat oven to 180˚ C/350˚ F/ Gas Mark 4 • Vegetarian/Halal
- 115g / 4 oz unsalted softened butter (leave it out to soften)
- 250g / 9 oz light brown sugar
- 1 large-ish egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (the real thing, no rubbish flavourings)
- 275g / 9.5 oz plain flour
- 15 g / 1/2 oz fair trade cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g / 7 oz organic plain chocolate (chips/chopped)
- 150 g / 5.5 oz organic milk chocolate (chips/chopped)
You'll need a handheld whisk, 2 bowls, a wooden spoon, an ice-cream scoop (it's helpful), baking trays and parchment (greaseproof paper).
3. Use a wooden spoon to mix '8' shapes in the mixture until everything is combined. Turn the mixture over and flatten the mixture together till it's smoother. Cocoa and brown sugar adds the colour.
4. Chop up the organic chocolate and add 100g only or add 100g of organic plain chocolate chips to the mixture.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15mins approximately, checking with a wooden skewer (toothpick) - poke it in the middle of a cookie, if it comes out clean, they're done. The chocolate chunks melt and ooze out, a good sign!
Mine. With a large eco-muslim sized bite.
Happy halal eatin'. Peace and wholesome jihad.
Zaufishan, the eco muslim